September 15, 2015
Important Things To Consider When Choosing An Air Compressor
The air compressor industry has developed a lot over the past decades. There are hundreds if not thousands of air compressor units available in the market as well as air compressor parts for replacement. With so many air compressors in the market, it is both a blessing and a challenge. Multiple air compressor units provide options which people can choose to fit their situation the best. However, it is also a challenge to choose the best air compressor especially if it is your first time looking for a unit.
Here are the important things to consider when choosing an air compressor unit.
- Purpose – Since air compressors are used on different fields including modern art and medical field, you must know what you are using the air compressor for. Once you determine how you will use the air compressor, you can narrow down your choices.
- Piston or portable compressor – These are two general types of air compressor. If you have a fix workplace where you will be using the air compressor then piston compressor would be a good choice but if you are constantly moving from place to place then portable compressor is the perfect choice for you.
- Horsepower – Air compressors will have a horsepower from 1.5 to 6.5 horsepower. If you are using the air compressor for personal tasks or small works, there is no need to purchase high HP air compressors since they are only common on industrial work.
- Air flow volume – You also need to know how much volume of air flow you need. This will help you avoid spending on air compressors that provide huge air volume while consuming a lot of energy if you only need small volume of air flow.
- Power source – Air compressors are powered either fuel or electricity. Portable air compressors used in the field are often powered by fuel and static air compressors is often powered by electricity.
- Cost – The cost of air compressors vary depending on the brand, unit, size and output. Make sure to consider your budget when choosing for an air compressor.
- Brand & model – Before purchasing a unit, make sure to check for reviews regarding the brand and model for its efficiency and durability of the air compressor parts. Also make sure that all the air compressor parts are available in the market in case the parts need replacement.
You can also check your friends or acquaintances who are using air compressors if they can recommend a particular unit or brand for you or visit air compressor eng.